Frequently Asked Questions

Below are frequently asked questions and answers to the questions commonly heard by our West Michigan law firm:

If you are considering pursuing a PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM, you probably have a great number of concerns that need to be addressed. With over 150 years of combined experience, the Law Firm of Mumford, Schubel, Macfarlane & Barnett, P.L.L.C. can provide the timely and sound legal advice that you seek.

What is the first thing I should do after an auto or motorcycle accident?

Your first priority is to seek medical attention. You should also make sure that the police have been notified. Afterwards, you should contact us to discuss your case.

My loved one suffered a brain injury due to negligence, and will likely require 24-hour care for life. What legal recourse do I have?

You can file a CLAIM for compensation that includes payment for round-the-clock supervision, as well as most other types of bills arising from the daily living needs of your loved one.

I was on the property of another party illegally when I slipped and fell. Do I still have a case for compensation?

There may be little that Battle Creek injury lawyers can do to help you in this case. Michigan law regarding SLIP AND FALLS typically requires lawful presence on the property in order to seek damages.

I suffered a dog bite—am I only allowed to sue for my physical injuries?

No. Our law firm can help you seek compensation for emotional distress and pain and suffering, as well as punitive damages.

I was in a car accident, but do not have no-fault insurance on my vehicle. Can I still collect damages?

Not for certain types of damages (pain and suffering, for example). But you may still be able to recover certain types of damages, such as wage loss in excess of the Michigan monthly or 3 year limits. Speak with one of our attorneys. Michigan law requires, of course, that all vehicles have no-fault coverage.

West Michigan Personal Injury Law Firm serving Battle Creek & Southwest Michigan

You need an experienced INJURY LAW FIRM serving the West Michigan area of Battle Creek. We are here to help. If you were hurt in an accident, contact a Battle Creek personal injury attorney at the Law Firm of Mumford, Schubel, Macfarlane & Barnett, P.L.L.C. You can reach us at 269-968-6146, or fill out our web form.